So... Here's the story. I feel like a marathon runner who slept overnight, went to the Emergency room for fluids, lost her way back to the course, but kept her goal of finishing and by goodness, finally did! At least to the top stage. Well, I kept looking at those curvy pieces (not!) I tried to make work in this piece, but in the end two things kept bugging me: 1. they just did not look like I wanted them to 2. it was going to take much longer to work them into this piece than I wanted to spend. So..... they got nixed. Now that could feel like a failure, but I'm not going to let it. Because 1. I will eventually use them in another piece,(or pieces), and 2. my first priority was to get this off my design wall and into the hands of a child who needed it. (for Project Linus and the next workshop is fast approaching) . Maybe because it is Spring again, I felt like it was time to get some 'old' projects moving again and out the design room door. So now I will layer it , do some machine quilting and it will move on to its next home, hopefully with a child who enjoys Fiesta!! I took the easy way out of interpreting Curves, (by using fabric that had curves in it) but sometimes "fudging" is the only way to move forward!!
And my motto is " Done is better than Perfect!"