So the original block, as best I can remember started out from some bits and pieces that were lying around and I thought they could go together into something. Leftovers from a Project Linus bee most likely, so there were just a little bit of this and a little bit of that. So the center block reminded me of a package and the ribbons fabric in the triangle border promoted the party theme, so I went with it. Even though it is shaping up to be a medallion design, I didn't want it to be so regular, so the borders were put on asymmetrically. Some of the triangles do not show very well, but they are in there, I promise!