Tuesday, May 17, 2011

RR Center Block


I made a simple liberated shoofly, then added recut borders to give the block some movement. The borders looked dull so I pinned on some curvy strips; I'll decide if they stay after I've done a few rounds on the quilt. Now that I look at the fabrics, I think the curvy things need to be brighter and stronger.

My previous liberated quilts have gone through many changes as I worked on them, because there is no right or wrong way to do something. I like this freedom, especially when I'm working with fabrics already in my collection. This round robin will be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm commenting on my own post! My recut border really is part of my center block, honest :). I couldn't leave well enough alone, I'm afraid. Hope the addition of the "border" doesn't confuse others who join up--it's not a border, it's a block. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! The colors are really pretty - and having such detail as the center or initial block will be a great start to the quilt.

    Thank you for joining the Lib RR!

    : )
    June

    ReplyDelete