Monday, March 19, 2012

Janet's Round One


I'm so excited to start round one of the Liberated Round Robin.  I have these 5 stack and slash liberated stars that were an experiment of the technique.  They have been sitting around for quite some time with no idea what to do with them.  The violet some of you might recognize from Block Lotto.  This is one that I rejected because it didn't line up right.  So these are the orphans I am starting with.  I only used one of the stars for this start.  Maybe some of the others will find a use later.  We'll see.

I think I like it.

5 comments:

  1. I really like it! Putting the star in the middle of the cut-apart block is a great way to start your RR quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that we both had a pansy left over from Block Lotto! I like what you did with yours. You can't even tell that it used to be a pansy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very modern artish! Good idea to save those stars for perhaps another part of the project. Glad you are doing the LibRR2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bright and colorful start. Like the center star with the sliced block border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet adn Cyndi: You two aren't the only ones with leftover pansies. I made several before I realized I had not followed directions carefully. I used one of the incorrect ones as one center. I hope to take pictures and get them posted today. The work is done, waiting on step two.

    ReplyDelete