Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My First Round

I promise you - when you've spent hours planning what to do for everyone else and you get to start, it ain't as easy as it sounds.

I thought and thought and thought and eventually came up with this for starters.


Made up of pieces sent to me by Nancie V and Nann in the 2011 and 2012 Worldwide Swaps.

It grew a bit bigger and then I started slashing.

This is what resulted.

 

Umm - needs something else - a bit of Chartreuse Green perhaps?



I forgot how much fabric stretches when slashed. Nothing matches! That's liberated for you!

Looking forward to the next round.


5 comments:

  1. I love it!! The chartreuse sets the block off prefectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dazzling, Clare! The chartreuse and black/white slashes really make a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start. Love the colors they really "pop". Chartreuse really gives the block punch.

    ReplyDelete