Monday, March 26, 2012

star into square


I had the idea of making something round,
so I started out with an asterisk block
and thought I'd add to it, make it more of a starburst 
After cutting again, turning the blocks around seemed more interesting, so I abandoned the starburst and went with the idea of a wonky square in the middle.

This needed something else, so I added triangles to make it a square in square. 
From circle to square---completely different from my starting idea.
Hope I can make it work with the second step.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job - lots of liberation going in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Start, This will be a Super Liberated Quilt. Nice Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - great photos to show the voyage taken for your step one! Glad you are doing the LibRR2!

    ReplyDelete