Friday, March 16, 2012

Round 1 Completed

It has been very quiet around the homestead today.  Hubby is trying to get over the Spring Bug that has everyone coughing, sneezing, and just plain feeling bad.  So, before Missouri started to get into the second half of their NCAA Tournament basketball game, I thought I would take a few minutes to hunt up an orphan block for LibRR2.  Well I just couldn't stop myself and I finished Round 1.  Clare this was fun, thanks for getting us started.
My orphaned block was a hand pieced Log Cabin.  Probably made around the 1950's as it is made from feed sack.
The block was a 6" square.  I decided to add some punch with a new piece of black and white dot cotton.  I put away the rotary cutter and just made some slight curved slices.  Restitched (using the machine).  Then since I like small quilts I dug out the ruler and rotary cutter and trimmed the block to a 5 1/4" square. 
So here is my beginning, it will be fun to see where we go from here.

5 comments:

  1. Well, you win the prize for being first! Jan also did the first LibRR. You can see her posts by clicking on the label for her name "Jan". Thank you for getting us started with an example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for including the before and after photos and the measurements - I think that helps us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Quick off the mark and gorgeous to boot. That's exactly what I had in mind. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curves and also how the black and white works with the vintage fabrics. This will be a fun quilt to watch develop.

    ReplyDelete