Sunday, May 13, 2012

Adding color...and I found an old UFO to use

As I was going through my drawers in my sewing room today, I discovered this:


I had started it last year for a challenge, and put it away while I got distracted with dozens of other projects.   It uses pretty much the same process as the one we're doing for this project, so I decided that I'd just do two of them now.

This step is to add color.  As you look at this piece, you can see lots of yellow.  I had a nice canary yellow solid in my stash, and added borders to this piece. I think they brought everything together quite nicely. : )



The piece below is the one I started for this current project - it began with the pansy block.   I wanted something bright and cheery, and was torn between red and green. My red wasn't cheery enough - so I went with the green:

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these are both terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, on both of quilt tops. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your addition of color is just right, making each block sing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color choices! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete