Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's Purple---Step 3 Complete

After much thought---I decided that my color for Step 3 needed to be Purple.  I noticed many little bits and pieces of purple in the feed sack fabric and since this is going to be an AAQI quilt, purple just had the be the color of choice.  My big problem was what to do with it.  I started thinking about some liberated flying geese.  Then I was going to make my fabric from Step 2 into to liberated stars, but nothing was looking like I wanted it to---so I started cutting strips.  I noticed that the black in the original log cabin seemed to be exploding out the side---so I made one liberated star to accent the movement of the black fabric in the original block.  What fun!!  I love not knowing exactly where you're going until you get there.
The little quilt measures 8 x 9 inches and is ready for Step 4.

6 comments:

  1. It looks terrific -- and ain't it grand that you're having fun?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like what you did with this--the star just adds an extra something special! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Jan. I really like the way you balanced the 'exploding' black and white with the sweet little star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the star on the side and the black and white---like the Milky Way--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your star on the side and the fact that you are keeping it small! Great composition.

    ReplyDelete