Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Step 3 Color and Falling Down the Rabbit Hole

I'm almost late in posting Step 3 because Step 4 is right around the corner.  Now we have to deal with my choices which is where I went down the rabbit hole just like Alice.

The directions were color.  I'm not afraid of color.  No problem.  But first I thought I should contain my last round with some black.  Done.  Then, I thought I would make some very bright wonky log cabin rectangles for the next row.  But I made them too big and they looked odd.

So, I decided to add very large orange chevron fabric (ala Gwen and Freddie except they usually add smaller black and white chevrons... ) Yep, I went for large, very large, orange chevrons:

Hmmmm, not sure whether I'll keep the chevrons or ripppppp it off and try something else.  Maybe if a few pickup sticks went through the chevrons it would work.  What do you think?  Stay or go? 

I do think I met the color requirement for this round...just saying.

I so enjoy seeing what everyone else is creating!

6 comments:

  1. I like the orange chevrons. They work well with the rectangle border and the pickup sticks through the middle. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those chevrons just like they are. They pick up the oranges within ever so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange is just making everything "pop". All the colors work well together. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. I'm going to stop and wait for next step. Thank you all for feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah - the black and the orange and white chevrons tie it all together - lovely work!

    ReplyDelete