Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trying to let it Talk to Me

Here's my round 2, squares.  I'm not sure where this is going.  I spent a lot of time auditioning colors and it blew me away that the red looked soooo good.  Never would have figured it.  This thing is taking me in new directions.  Color seems to be the key here, but also the patterns in the fabric itself.  The curves in the zebra stripe add loads to this as opposed to stripes or checks.  I can't see the tiny squares/rectangles next to the zebra, but the red ones show up quite well.

Having fun and trying not to stress too much over this.  Not having a plan always stresses me.  I'm a control freak, even in my uncontrolled moments, but I'm totally at the mercy of that center piece right now.  Yikes!



-Wendy

6 comments:

  1. FWIW, I love the red and think you've taken your quilt in a very interesting direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy - Such a creative way to add the squares! Using the pattern in the fabric too adds a lot of action to the piece. : ) June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great motion here, Wendy! The wavy black and white and the little HSTs are movin'! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the red was a great chose and so is the black and white at the side! It's looking GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your RR!

    warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

    ReplyDelete