Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jan Round #3 Rectangles

If there are rules in Liberated Quilt making, I think I broke them in this round.  For some reason---not sure why I thought my little quilt top needed some curves.  So after putting together a variety of black strips from my bits and pieces bin I just took a pair of scissors and made curves.  Then I realized I needed to get square again---some how.  After much thought, picture looking, Internet searches, I decided to just do it "Jan's Way".  Well, not sure that was the right way, if applique is not a round of the future---it will be one of my things to do on this little top---need to cover some mistakes.  I machine appliqued my quilt top on to yellow border fabric.   I didn't think about was running out of fabric--whoops.  I want this project to be strictly from my bits and pieces--well I just made it with 10" of yellow left over.  Dogs and Dots started with a center 9 patch block that was 6 1/2" square and the quilt is now 20" square.  Having fun with this little LRR, hope you are too.

5 comments:

  1. Rules? What are those? LOL! I like the variety of black and white fabrics you pieced together. The repetition of black in your triangles, border, and curvy border really unifies this fun piece! It also highlightd that fun pup!
    Great fun work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This sure is developing nicely! Good job, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the yellow background ties the yellow spots of the quilt together. Excellent choice !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Heidi about the yellow tying the center with the border. The light colors in the center and then in your yellow border move the eye outward to the border. And the curvy border was an inspired addition. "Jan's Way" is definitely a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This effect is very nice - really makes the pieced work pop! : ) June

    ReplyDelete