Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jumping in!

Seems like I've been doing everything except the RR. But I was thinking thinking thinking about it all along. So, at last, I've caught up with triangles and squares and today am working on the latest round by making letters for CASA LOMA which is to be a thank you gift for a British friend. The figures in the piece are done with raw edge applique (my first time) using a novelty fabric that arrived in my WW Swap package. They are just right for this piece as my friend's house is on and island, on top of a hill in the jungle, with mangroves and the sea at the bottom.  Mary in Panama

4 comments:

  1. Letters will be a great addition to this fun quilt, mary. It's so cheerful1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mary - this is wonderful! It will be a wonderful LibRR quilt and present for your friend. You have been making so many projects I see in Lib Quilter's group postings - this one really reflects where you live! So glad you have joined in the LibRR. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many great elements in your quilt. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool - it's liberated and narrative. You got it all going on. Your friend is going to be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete