Monday, July 25, 2011

June's Lib RR Round Two - Squares

I added squares cut out of the World Wide Swap fabric.  I did use templates and rotary to cut these as it was difficult with all the seams.

I was going to put the squares at different angles, but decided to keep them oriented so they are all at the same - but they show movement by where they are in the distance from the triangles and distance from each other.

This piece is now 30" x 31" - I'm probably going to trim it so it's square.

Either before or after my round three (rectangles), I'm going to add something to make this so it's more lap sized....

9 comments:

  1. June, your quilt is going along beautifully. I like the way you put your squares since there is plenty of movement created by the bits and pieces stitched together. I really like the floating effect you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June this is terrific. It looks like reverse applique, like peeking through window frames to your delightful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fabulous! Very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all - you've made my day!

    : )
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squares provide movement and almost twinkle! I love what you've done!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you! Now I'm on to thinking about rectangles.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I look at this, the more it reminds me of a modern stained glass window, or a mosaic. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, very modern...it's awesome. It reminds me of a solar system..a sun with planets in the orbit

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked again at your quilt. I think you are very creative with your use of triangles and circles and squares! It's all coming together nicely. ...and funny thing, I recognize those blocks you've cut from. too funny! I'd have never put them together like that and I love the freedom you've brought them!

    ReplyDelete