Thursday, July 21, 2011

Round 2 squares


Finished this round tonight, and quilted the last [bottom] border after adding it.  I wasn't sure I wanted to add on all four sides, so there was an "incubation" period while I watched a waited for direction.  Finally with the change in colors and size, it seemed like the right thing to add the bottom border in squares also.

The top squares are printed on the fabric, so no complicated construction was required.  I liked the idea of having one "regular" set of checkerboards that were NOT wonky to show that this was indeed intended to be a "squares" border.

The other three borders were pieced in a slightly wonky way.

So far the "quilt as you go" method is working well.  Current size is 25" x 31"

Sara

3 comments:

  1. How creative you are! I really like the way you have the impression of squares in the fabric, the piecing and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the QAYG method. Should have done it on mine..

    Pre-printed fabric is great. Easy way out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! It looks like a shield or an emblem of some kind. Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete